Sunday, February 24, 2013

In all things give God thanks

Today started out pretty bad. I was truly looking forward to going to church and seeing my church family. It wasn't long, however, until I learned that Xander hasn't gotten any better from being sick this weekend. That would mean I would have to keep him home and away from other kids. You see, we've been sick (someone has) for going on six weeks now. Mostly me, but I'm actually starting to feel like areal person again. I'm noticing a pattern. Usually Sunday someone starts to feel bad. That carries on till the end of the week and then the next person starts the new cycle. Very frustrating!


Suffering- a word that describes me and my family right now. Suffering physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The bible says in 2 Cor 4:17, "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all." That's why I am going to take a deep breath, get down on my knees and pray like I've never prayed before. There is a real enemy here. He wants to destroy me and my family. He isn't going to win because I know the truth.

"Lord, I pray that you will give me the strength to endure this trouble and any suffering that is to come. I know I am vulnerable here, but my spirit is strong. I know that you overcame the world when you sent your son. Thank you for training me through trials so that I may become strong in the spirit."

No comments:

Post a Comment