Monday, October 1, 2012

31 for 21

Today marks the first blog I've done in years. The occasion? Ada Josette. My baby niece due in January 2013 is prenatally diagnosed with "Down Syndrome". My sister said that my blogs don't have to be about the subject of this chromosomal disease, but I feel like the first one should be.

As an aunt I've discovered a love for my nephew that I never knew. How do you love a child that is not your own as much as your own? I'm not sure, but I feel so blessed to have him as mine (even if he isn't technically mine). Something about his birth caused my sister and my bond to grow beyond just sisters. We are closer now than we ever have been. I think she has grown up so much and is such an amazing mother!

My Brady Boy!


I believe God doesn't make mistakes. When my sister first told me that her second child, my niece, will have down syndrome, I felt so sad for her. I cried for several days and couldn't believe this was happening to her (and to our family). Now I have completely changed my opinion. God felt like she could be trusted with one of his "special" souls. That is an honor. She will be perfect for us. This baby was put in our lives for a reason. She has a purpose and has already begun fulfilling it even before birth! Amazing.

We don't know what the future holds for us, for Ada, for big brother, for my sister and her sweet, sweet husband, but we do know that we love and want Ada more than anything. She isn't a tragedy. She is an adventure. I cannot wait to see her! She is perfect and just what this world needs.

Sweet Ada Adventure!
http://mdbeau.blogspot.com/2012/09/join-6th-annual-31-for-21-challenge.html



No comments:

Post a Comment