Friday, October 12, 2012

Thank Heaven for Little Girls

Blogging everyday is a challenge indeed! Obviously I'm not so great at it, haha. I have been so busy trying to get everything ready for Triniti's first "mock-date". She had been asked to Homecoming by a boy in her grade. She is only in the 6th grade! I was thrown by this at first, but I have been talking with the boy's mother and setting the stage for this to go smoothly. It's going to be a big group of kids their age hanging out at a football game. No big deal. If I make it a big deal, it won't be good...sigh.


Triniti made a garter for him. It's really cute and she did a great job! This was my first home made garter too. Of course all of this is bittersweet because I can't help but realize that  this is the start of a new chapter in her life. The teen-ager chapter. She is such an amazing kid. She teaches me new things all of the time. I'm always trying harder to do things better because I don't want to let her down. She is my inspiration. 

I'll have to post a picture of her and her date later tonight or tomorrow. "Her date", wow, that sounds crazy!

A daughter is a special thing. I can't wait to experience having a new niece as well. I'm pretty sure I will be extra close to Ada because she is so special to me already. She will teach me new things too and I've already made changes in my life to be sure not to let her down. It really doesn't matter that she only weighs 1 pound; she has weight in this world already. 

1 comment:

  1. 1 pound, 6 ounces! I actually looked it up and it's only 2 ounces below average for that gestational age. Don't ask me why that nurse was all worried.

    I'm very excited to have a daughter, but I'm not ready for her to go on dates or even "mock dates" yet. You did a really good job on the mum and I'm excited to see pictures of her big night.

    ReplyDelete