Monday, October 15, 2012

Fear of the unknown

I was reading my sister's blog and I love the fact that she isn't overly concerned about Ada's Down syndrome. I feel like it was a huge deal that has taken a backseat right now. Maybe we overreacted a little at first.

Now we wait. All we can do is wait and see. "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst." My hope for my sister is that it's not an everyday struggle. That there are days like now where it's "on the back burner". My hope for Brady and Ada are the same hopes for my kids. That they be happy and healthy.

I have been reading some of the other blogs about Ds. I read one today that, while true, scared me some. Not all babies born with Ds are functioning well. I guess if I'm going to blog for awareness, I need to be aware of all of the possibilities. I know there is a possibility that Ada could fall into this category, but I will continue to pray that she is high functioning and know in my heart that I will accept and love her either way. If I have to devote the rest of my life to helping care for her, I'm okay with that. My life is blessed by hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment