Thursday, October 4, 2012

Seriously?!

The best laid plans got all messed up today. Triniti has a double header tonight. I knew I needed to go to the store before 11 this morning to get back and put some stuff in the crock pot. If I didn't get back early enough, I wouldn't get dinner done in time for us to eat before softball and we will not be returning home until 9 tonight. 

Haden isn't having a very good day and I resisted the urge to plop him back in his bed around 9 this morning. I braved the grocery store and we were doing pretty good until I got in the car and headed to the bank only to discover that my wallet was MIA (missing in action)!!! I quickly sped back to the store (which happens to be in the same parking lot) and ran in with my very sleepy, crying 21 month old Haden. It wasn't there. I explained to the clerk that I was just there and I paid for groceries...went across the parking lot and it's gone. Grrr...

By the time I got home with my groceries Haden was asleep in his car seat. I put him in bed and called back to the store. The lady I spoke to told me that a wallet was found at the filling station (also in the same parking lot). She said, "Did you get gas?" NO, I didn't get gas. Turns out it was MY wallet! I dragged sleeping Haden out of his bed to zoom back up there yet again. 

My wallet has everything still in it. How does that happen? I didn't go anywhere near the gas station. I know without a doubt that I left it at the register. So I checked my account online for charges. There are none. I have no idea what to do next. I guess just wait. 

On a side note, I tried to lay Haden back down when I got home, but by that time he was hungry. He isn't asleep and hasn't slept much today and it's now almost 2! I've got to go pick up Xander at 2:50 and leave again by 4 to get Triniti. Then it's dinner (hopefully) and off we go to the ball fields. No naps today I guess :(

No comments:

Post a Comment