Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Columbus Day Y'all

It was a pretty good day today. There are always a few things, but overall...pretty good.

Haden wanted something to eat around 10:30 this morning. He runs to the pantry (where the Halloween candy is) and starts pounding on the door. I go to the refrigerator and pull out an applesauce. He tells me "no" when offered the applesauce. I offer 3 or 4 times and he tells me "no" every-time. Triniti comes in and asks says, "I'll eat it." I give her a bite. He starts throwing a fit. I try one more time to give him a bite and he again refuses. I hand it to Triniti. More fit throwing. Triniti offers him a bite. He says "mama." Why is he so difficult? These are the situations that exhaust me every single day, and there are usually several. It's hard to always "win the battles" when they are so frequent!

In other news, Triniti was in tears today when she found out that her 3 best friends were at the movies without her. Xander went to the matinee with his friend from church and saw them there. These four girls are really close, so she was pretty upset and feeling very left out. What do I do? As a parent I guess there's nothing to do but reassure her that it may not have been a purposely "mean" thing. She will forget and it will be ok soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment