Tuesday, October 30, 2012

We all need to feel accepted

Yesterday I blogged but didn't publish, so today there will be two.

Walked into Walmart today and there was a woman standing there shoving something in her pierced up mouth, very pregnant belly hanging out of her shirt, tight pants, and poorly dyed hair. She looked really bad. I know I must've taken a double take while thinking that this woman belongs on that website for people of Walmart, but I tried not to stare.

The woman and her friend are walking behind me and I hear her say to her friend, "I like what I'm wearing and I'm sick of people looking at me." In my mind I wonder if its me she's referring to and talking loud enough for me to hear purposely to start a confrontation. She starts cussing and all I can do is think of what type of mother she will be and the not-so-nice things I will say back to her when push comes to shove. Then something swept over me. It's as if God said,"Really? You say that you don't judge, but THIS is judgement you've cast on her." And I literally wanted her to call me out so that I could admit to it and ask her for forgiveness. Wow! What's happening to me? It feels so unnatural, but it's freeing! Maybe that's what this lady needed to hear. Maybe she needs to feel accepted.

1 comment:

  1. I had a Wal-mart incident today. I was walking in the candy section at the very front and turned the corner. There wasn't much space and some lady just glared at me and put her cart right in the middle, like how dare I try to push my cart down the same aisle. I was loudly complaining to Brady about it. I just turned around and came back around the other way. When I was finished, she was still there, but this time I just shoved my cart past hers (bumping it a bit, but there was no way not to). People of Wal-mart! Seriously, maybe I'm just a grumpy pregnant woman.

    ReplyDelete