Sunday, October 21, 2012

I am Jack's pituitary gland. I make Jack grow

The Bible talks about people having spiritual gifts. Like talents for the Kingdom of God. Every person has something they are gifted in. We are the body of Christ. Some are His arms, His legs, His eyes, etc... Kinda reminds me of the movie "Fight Club". I am Jack's colon, I give Jack cancer. I kill Jack. I'm sure if someone took my arm off and surgically placed it where my leg was I would struggle to do things correctly. I may learn to walk on the arm, but it wouldn't be the correct way and eventually my back would give out from over compensating for the bum leg.

A church is much the same. If you have a person serving in the ministry where they aren't gifted, your church will not be functioning properly. Someone who is gifted at teaching shouldn't be serving donuts in the cafe. That would be a waste.

I love this idea because I believe it applies to life in general. I think this idea is great for jobs, families, friends, and on and on... My house doesn't exactly abide by this yet, but now that I am thinking in this direction... change is coming. My pastor at our church cannot be at full potential if he has to stay up cleaning the restroom and making lesson plans for preschool children's Sunday school. We need people who are good at things to take some of the burden or help out.

I am the world's worst about trying to do EVERYTHING in my house. I clean, cook, do laundry, just everything. Don't get me wrong, I do this because it's my job to stay home and do these things. But it never stops! I pick up these kids from school and they do homework and play until it's time to eat and bathe for bed. My husband comes home and helps with some things and sits down. I run around the entire day. We have had times when I 've been tired of it and put my foot down (angrily) and said everyone needs to help. When things are done this way, I feel guilty everytime I see them cleaning. I know they hate it. Perhaps they need to do it in a different mind set. Each of them has a purpose to move our family forward and be at the best potential we can be. When everyone comes together, we can all sit and be a quality family!

1 Corinthians 12:12-31




No comments:

Post a Comment