Sunday, October 14, 2012

Her children arise and call her blessed

I need a vacation! Recently I thought about the dynamics of having multiple children. Not just their lives, but everyone else's also. Specifically referring to grandparents. Triniti was my first born child, my parents' first born grandbaby, and my grandparents' first born great-grand baby. Weird. 

Triniti was born and within two weeks she was staying one night during every weekend with a grandparent. TWO WEEKS old! We had to schedule her weekends around each grandmother. They loved to have her all of the time. 

Once you have more than one, this changes. Xander was born and it became hard. Grandmothers still wanted to keep them, but more like one child and then the other. Or both together maybe once a month. Still fine. Then it slowly tapered off and stopped. 

Now that I have Haden I ususally will ask if someone (anyone) will watch him for a few hours. He has NEVER stayed away from home (without his dad or myself) and he's almost 2!! Maybe 3 kids is pushing the limit.  

I really think alone time with your spouse is important. I feel so bogged down by life sometimes that I just can't find myself anymore. I see my husband as another soldier in the trenches along side of me in life. There are times that I want to lay in bed all day and shut the world out. Or get up and go somewhere and not worry about naps and diapers and tantrums. I'm worn out. 

I pray for the ability to stay positive and raise these kids lovingly and correctly. I know this time is only temporary and very fleeting.  

"Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him." James 1:12

1 comment:

  1. When we move out to TX, then the boys can have sleep overs and Triniti can help watch Ada. :D

    ReplyDelete